Oily/Problem Skin Protocols
Oily skin is the result of the overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands. This skin must be treated gently and not subjected to harsh products and treatments or over-cleansing of the skin. Aggressive treatments will make the condition worse as well as damage the skin over time.
NeoGenesis Cleanser is is a gentle cleanser for all skin types and all skin conditions, leaving the skin clean, nourished and prepared for the next step. Use our Cleanser twice daily as the correct way to approach oily or problem skin.
After the Cleanser, NeoGenesis Recovery, abundant in stem cell released molecules, is perfect to naturally restore balance within the skin, reduce inflammation and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). PIH is the red and brown marks that remain from acne lesions and can be present on the skin for many months after the pimple is gone. NeoGenesis Recovery serum used twice per day after cleansing will help to quickly heal the skin, thereby reducing the chances that scarring will occur.
People who have oily skin often do not use moisturizers, worrying that they will make their skin worse. Oily skin doesn’t need more oil; however, it does need hydration. Hydrated skin is a must for healthy skin. Keeping it hydrated will not trigger more oil production. Aggressively treated skin often appears oily and dehydrated at the same time. This will signal the hormones to produce more oil, keeping the problem ongoing. A light application of our Light Moisturizer or Barrier Renewal Cream may be used as needed after Recovery for any dry areas.
NeoGenesis Products for Oily/Problem Skin Protocol; twice daily
- Gently cleanse the skin with NeoGenesis Cleanser
- Apply 4 to 6 drops of NeoGenesis Recovery serum to the face and neck, including around the eye area
- If hydration is needed, NeoGenesis Skin Serum after Recovery adds nutrients and light, non-comedic moisture to the skin
- NeoGenesis Light Moisturizer or Barrier Renewal Cream are acne safe if needed
- Always wear a chemical free sunscreen during the day. Mineral powder sunscreens can be beneficial for oily/problem skin types
Click here to learn more about using NeoGenesis products for Oily or Problem Skin.